Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Bacheloring himself out

I have never been into "The Bachelor" before this season for many reasons:

1. It doesn't seem realistic that people are going to fall in love in 2 weeks with 6 million cameras watching their every move. It's juat fake.

2. Why would you want to date/get serious with a guy that is dating 10 other girls?

3. Is it just me, or have all the bachelors been somewhat hideous/giantic douchebags?

4. They live in fucking mansions. That's not real life. What happens when these people go back to their regular lives, in their regular houses, without makeup and hair stylists?

5. None of the bachelors have made it last with the girls they pick at the end.

6. I always thought there had to be some underlying reason these guys aren't married in their mid-30s. Either they have horrible personalities or they're in the closet about their homosexuality. Maybe they have some sort STD that prevents them from getting chicks. Perhaps they are assholes that treat girls like shit. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter.

So...against my better judgement, I allowed myself to get drawn into the Bachelor hype this year, and gosh darnit, I actually enjoy it. For those still rebelling against the show, meet Travis:

He's in his mid-30s, a ER doctor, more attractive than the last bachelors, and seems relatively nice. His flaw: he's a TERRIBLE judge of character. He's down to his final 3 girls.

Moana is a complete bipolar. One minute he's aloof, the next minute she's all over his balls.

Susan is a wannabe actress who plans to move to hollywood to pursue her career. She actually admitted in last night's episode that "she'll do whatever it takes to pursue her dream of acting". Obviously that means even faking a romance. Boo Susan.

The last girl, Sarah, is the most normal of the three. She's a kindergarden teacher who's from the same town (Nashville) as Travis. I don't know why he's keeping her around. She seems to like him only because they are from the same town and he seems to like her as a buddy, and not the kind you want to have sex with. If I had to pick one girl though, I like her the best. That's not saying much though.

My point is, this season's show is slightly more interesting than in past years. I think these two should be on the show next year:


True love....

No comments:

Post a Comment